|Photo credit: FotoosVanRobin|
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking utensils you will need:
- A large saucepan
- Frying pan
- Cooks Knife
- Chopping Board
- A Basin
- Colander & 2 Serving Plates
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 Table spoon of Olive Oil
- 175 grams / 6 Oz of Tagliatelle
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Finely sliced bacon rashers
- Salt & Pepper
- 55 grams / 2 Oz of Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 Table spoon of Freshly chopped parsley
Once you’ve got together all the ingredients and equipment listed above your ready to start cooking.
- Step 1: Cook the pasta over a medium heat in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. Taking special care to follow the instructions on the packet of the pasta.
- Step 2: Heat the olive oil in the frying pan and fry the bacon on a very high heat for about 3 – 4 minutes or until crispy.
- Step 3: Add the chopped garlic to the mix and stir well.
- Step 4: Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well. You can add seasoning at this point if you wish but remember that the bacon is salty and will season the pasta just fine on its own.
- Step 5: When the pasta is cooked drain in a colander until practically dry.
- Step 6: Scrape the bacon, garlic and fat from the frying pan into the sauce pan and then return to the heat. Add the pasta to the mix and stir well.
- Step 7: Pour in the eggs and very quickly stir into the pasta so that the eggs start to set. Remove from the heat and serve immediately on heated plates. Sprinkle the parmesan on the pasta and finally garnish with parsley.
This particular recipe goes fantastically with an Oaky New Zealand or Pays d’Oc Chardonnay Wine.