Hi everyone, today I’m going to be teaching you all how to cook a fantastic dish of Courgette & Mushroom Frittata. A Frittata is basically the Italian equivalent of a French omelette. Although it is nearer to the Spanish tortilla because it is thick and firmly cooked. Frittata can also be served cold and make a fantastic dish for picnics or packed lunches.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking utensils you will need:
- A 23 cm / 9 Inch non-stick frying pan
- Wooden spatula
- A basin
- Balloon whisk
- Cooking knife & chopping board
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 Table spoons of Butter
- 1 Table spoon of Olive Oil
- 175 grams / 6 Oz of sliced Courgettes
- 115 grams / 4 Oz of sliced Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 6 Table spoons of Milk
- 3 Table spoon of chopped fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
Once you’ve got together all the ingredients and equipment listed above your ready to start cooking.
- Step 1: Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Step 2: Raise the heat on the hob to a medium heat and fry the Courgettes for about 5 minutes or until their golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Step 3: Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until they are soft. Stir in the garlic once the mushrooms are cooked.
- Step 4: Break the eggs into a basin and beat well using the balloon whisk. Pour in the milk and continue to mix well, and then season with salt & pepper.
- Step 5: Lower the heat of the hob and pour the egg mixture over the pre-cooked vegetables and sprinkle parsley over the mix. Stir gently and leave to cook for about 5 – 6 minutes or until the mixture is almost set and the base is cooked.
- Step 6: To complete the cooking, place the pan under a hot grill for 2 minutes until the top is set (if the frying pan’s handle is not heatproof or you have not got a grill, turn the frittata onto a plate and slip it back into the pan and cook the other side over a low heat for 2 minutes). Serve whilst still warm or cut into wedges and place in a refrigerator for later.
And that’s all there is too it. Enjoy.