For this method of cooking you will need individual heatproof dishes, ramekins or heatproof tea cups work fantastically for this.
- Step 1: Generously butter all the dishes (Ramekins of other) and break one egg into each dish.
- Step 2: Season with whatever herbs or spices you like, or could just leave it plain.
- Step 3: Spoon over a tablespoon of single cream into each dish.
- Step 4: Place each of the dishes in a small roasting tin with enough hot water in the pan to come about half way up the side of the individual dishes.
- Step 5: Bake at 190 C /375 / Gas Mark 5 for 15 minutes for a soft egg & 18-20 minutes for a slightly firmer egg.
- Step 6: Enjoy this unique and under appreciated way of preparing eggs.
If you want to spice up baked eggs you can quite simply add other ingredients to the mix before cooking. Adding bacon, sausage, mushrooms or a bit of everything can make for a fantastic breakfast treat.