Ingredients you will need.
Instead of giving exact measurements I am going to be giving the measurements in cup sizes, basically just an ordinary cup will suffice for this and if you get the measurement a little wrong don’t worry as you’ll just end up with either a bigger or smaller Chocolate Cake. So here’s hoping you use too much, more to enjoy.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 sticks of margarine
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 box of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of nuts
That’s all you need, pretty simple.
- Step 1: Mix flour, soda, eggs, sugar, buttermilk and 1½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Step 2: Place 1 stick of margarine, water, Crisco® and 4 tablespoons Hershey's Chocolate Syrup® in a pan
- Step 3: Bring ingredients in pan to a boil and boil for 1 minute, then pour into cake mix and mix well.
- Step 4: Pour into a greased and floured cookie sheet (16-by-12-by-1½-inches) or a foil-lined pan and bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Step 5: While cake is baking prepare the icing.
- Step 6: Bring 1 stick margarine; milk and 4 tablespoons Hershey's Chocolate Syrup® to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Step 7: Add powdered sugar, nuts and 1 teaspoon vanilla and spread on cake as soon as it is removed from the oven.
And that’s all there is to it. Enjoy.